Saturday 3 October 2009

Distressing morning

This morning I had to cull one of my girls. She's been under the weather with sour crop for about a month now. Its been very hard. Though I know it was for the best, for her, its a most distressing event and one that I really dont want to have to do again. We have not told the children. There are enough chickens that they wont miss one, but, I realise that at some point they are going to have to learn about just how chicken ends up on our plates and then we will have to explain it all. Which is kind of one of the reasons I wanted to get chickens, so, hey ho, it will have to be done at some point. Just not in any kind of rush to do it.


In the meantime.

I have been playing around with beads and making jewellery. I am really enjoying it. Though its costing me a small fortune in visits to John Lewis and on ebay. I must work out how to sell some of the things I make soon. Just got to get some 'stock' built up first I guess. I might try Folksy, or Etsy. We'll see. In the meantime I am thinking of giving some to the 'Friends of St Pauls' stall to sell, give them something a little different to entice the punters in.

I'm trying very hard to think of cheery things to write but all I can think about is this morning. I think I will leave it here for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment