Wednesday 7 October 2009

Something Sparkly?

It seems I may have a shop! well, a virtual shop anyway. Something Sparkly?

I showed some friends my jewellery that I'd made and they all seemed to like it. Yes, I know, would friends tell you the truth? In this case, yes, I feel they were. So, I decided to take the bull by the horns and set up a little shop on Folksy. It should have been simple but I decided I wanted to have an email address specifically for the shop, which meant getting a new domain name set up. I've also had to set up a buisness account with Paypal to deal with payments (positive thinking that people will buy things!). I had a little play around with domain names, using my shop name as a starting point and have now gone with Somethingsparkly@folksy.org.uk. Great, except that the domain still isn't live yet, and I've used that to set up my PP account AND my shop so, I really hope it starts soon, or it may all go a bit pear shaped before we get anywhere.

So, watch out for 'Something Sparkly?' and don't forget to tell people if you see things you like.

Taking the photos of my stock is proving to be harder than it should be. I am finding it hard to get them in a clear crisp format, that shows the colours and of course the sparkly bits (where present). I think I need some professional help. As it is, I have only got one photo of any use out of all the ones I've taken! This is poor. I must work on that. I really should be doing that now I suppose. More later...

1 comment: