Friday 23 October 2009

ouchies ouchies

I've done something weird to myshoulder and arm. Not sure what exactly but flipin' 'eck it HURTS. Tried 4 lots of prescribed painkillers, the last lot seem to take the edge off but dont get rid of it completely. For now, I'll settle for that. The drugs make me 'drunk' but, its that or pain, and I know which I prefer.




The Jewellery making is in full swing now. I went to the bead show and bought some terrific beads and things. Bought some PMC to play with too, that will have to wait though as the torch that came with it is duff. I've made some childrens things, bracelets and necklaces, will need to work on my disclaimer details, as obviously these are not toys, even though they are likely to be bought for or by children. I've made a beautiful necklace and earrings set. (see the photos, red beads and green leaves) Totally gorgeous. BUT, when I worked out the costings it came to £65! Yikes. Not sure anyone is going to want to buy that. Oh well, I may just have to keep it. I've also got some new lampwork beads, from the show, which are beautiful, I just need to work out what I want to do with them. I dont want to rush in and try to make something just for the sake of it. Need to wait until inspiration strikes. I am trying to work out what to display my jewellery on when I take it to the preschool hall to try and sell it. I want it to look lovely, but, also can't spend a great deal of money. Until I start selling things, I am going to struggle I think. I've invested lots, and I mean LOTS of money into this already. I really need to either go for it, or stop I think, its kind of make or break over Christmas. If I dont sell any, well, I guess I give up. I'd still do it for presents but, I can't afford to not sell anything. So many people ooh'd and ah'd when I showed them the pieces but, when they went up for sale, no one bought any. Bit disheartening really. However, I am not going to give up yet! No, I am going to keep going, keep trying over the Christmas period and hopefully someone will like something enough to buy it. Positive thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment