Wednesday 14 January 2009

A day of 'if it can go wrong'...

What a day. I knew it was going to be one of those days when I got out of bed this morning, turned to make sure my youngest was ok and he threw up all over our bed. This resulted in him needing a bath to get it out of his hair and ears. The sheets had to be taken off the bed and the mattress left to air. Then when brushing my daughters hair the hair elastic broke and I had to go off and try and find another. My two year old threw the mother of all tantrums whilst trying to get out of the door for the school run because he wanted to go into the sling carrier (My OCAH wrap conversopn MT) and my youngest was already in there but he wasnt to be put off by this. In the end I had to leave tantuming two year old home with my hubby,dash down to the school with Emily, leave her at the school classroom with a friend and her mum, rush back to the house (praying that the tantrum had subsided, which it had, thank goodness) so that hubby could go to work and not be too late and then dash down to the preschool with him so that we weren't late there.
I had planned to make a batch of Sweet Chilli Jam today. I should have left it until tomorrow I think. But, I didn't. Its the first time I've made it and it was so easy I shall make it often. However, I shall reduce the boiling time as I seem to have made sweet chilli toffee! Its almost solid in the jars. I couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry when I realised and decided to take the cheerier option. I thought about trying to rescue it but I really am not sure how and with all the hassle that it will involve it is as simple to make a new batch to be honest.
To top it all off, no eggs today from my hens. TSK.
However. Looking at this from another viewpoint. All this happening and yet, somehow I made it through. I have had some 'close' moments when I thought I was going to breakdown but somehow I have managed to get past them. Maybe today was sent to try and reassure me that I can get through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment