Wednesday 28 January 2009

Plans and Progress (or not)

Well, its been a few days since I last posted. Mainly as I had forgotten my password. I have found that one of my PND symptoms is a very, very poor memory. Its actually quite scary to know that you know something but that you simply cannot remember it. There have been a couple of horrible occasions when I have forgotten my own daughters name. Its saddening, but, I cling to the hope that its simply a temporary thing. On a better note though, the increased dose of meds seems to be paying off, I have had an unprecedented 5 days in a row where I have been normal, functioning, in control and able to deal with the ups and downs of life with children. I have had times of great enjoyment playing with them. Again, its a small glimmer of hope amongst the shadows of despair that I have lived in for 4 months.
In this state of normalacy, I have rearranged the lounge. Why? So that I can sit and have a better view of my Chickens! I have even trimmed some overgrown shrubs that were obscuring my view. The chickens are still bringing me a great sense of fulfillment. Each time I collect an egg I feel excited and yet calmed, if thats not too contrary. They are such peaceful creatures and they really do seem to help me relax. Despite them scratching the garden to oblivion. I am hoping that the destruction will eventually cause my hubby to cave and allow me to buy a purpose built walk in run. Sneaky! you bet, but, its still so enjoyable watching them in the garden. My parents were here at the weekend, and they went away with two x 1/3 of a doz eggs, and two jars of my homemade sweet chili jam. I got quite a sense of achievment being able to pass those on, I know I didnt actually lay the eggs myself, but, I did make the Jam, and it is me who tends the hens so, I do help (or like to think so) in the egg production process. I feel I should also mention that Saturday was our first 5 egg day! Molly has started to lay too now, so, its just Charlotte to go. I plan to sell the eggs for £1 for 1/3 of a doz. The money is going to go into a big jar. I am not sure what for, but its a good feeling to think that it will be MY money, not housekeeping money.
I have been planning my veg growing. Having been sent some free seeds, I shall be using those to start off down the lottie. It makes sense, until things are up and running properly (at least two seasons I fear) I can't really be too precious about what to plant. So, its carrots, onions, Cos lettuce and some Mezzuna (salad leaves) for this year. I am going to reuse the small veggie areas at the bottom of the Garden too, just got to keep the girls off of it once its in use.
I was chatting with a neighbour recently and he is going to try and procur me some free timber. The local timber yard backs on to his place of work and they have a huge pile of unsaleable timber and they will let him have some. Also, he is going to ask one of his fellow allotmenteers to make me a pointed spade (similar to the ones you always seem them use in american films). Its £15 but it makes sense that it will make turning over the soil easier, especially my very heavy water sodden clay soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment