Friday 16 January 2009

Lets get the PND stuff out the way first.

Last night, as I was trying to go to sleep, I decided that I would get three things done today. The first was that I would get the old 6-9 month clothes out of storage and washed for Howard. The second, I would get another batch of Sweet chilli Jam made and try to get it to be Jam and not toffee. The third was to tidy the dresser in the hall. I managed the first two (the Jam is the best!) but not the dresser, but, that is because I met a neighbour as I got back from the school run and invited her in for a coffee. This in itself is an achievement so I am not going to be hard on myself for the lack of dresser tidying. The rest of the day went well really. Until the children got in from school. They instantly went into tantrum mode and it pushed me to the edge. I ran away to the bathroom and locked myself in. Not good. I had an immense urge to bash my head against a wall, and I mean that literally, It was a desperate need, to go outside and hit my forehead against the corner of the house. In the end I phone hubby and told him. He came home from work early, organised a pizza for supper and gave me the biggest hugs. Without him I am not sure what I would do, to be honest.

So, to the rest of the day. I let the chickens into their run this morning, and optimistically checked the nest in the Eglu and LO! there was another egg, and it was practically hot, I am sure Storm laid it just as I was opening the run door it was that warm. I ran triumphantly into the house and passed it to hubby so he could feel just how warm it was. Emily also got to hold it too. Collecting these eggs is such an amazing feeling, a simple act, one that has been carried out for centuries, accross the entire world and yet, it fills me with a real sense of pleasure and achievment (can't imagine how it much make the hens feel). After the school run, the hens were allowed to free range in the Garden, whilst I enjoyed a coffee with my neighbour as mentioned above. After she had gone, I tackled the task of sorting out come next size up clothes for Howard and got those in the wash. It was quite nostalgic going through the box, seeing the clothes that Arthur had worn when he was a baby. Must sort out the stuff that Howard is now too big for and get that off to the charity shop too. Once that was done, it was on with the chilli Jam. Having made some a couple of days ago, and trying to work out just where it went to badly wrong, I decided to do it all as I did last time, but, to just boil it for a shorter time. It seems to have worked a treat. Just for the sake of Quality Checks I had a ham sandwich, with a nice spread of the Jam. It was delicious. More importantly, I could get it out of the jar easily.

After the Jam making I thought I would got and chat with the girls. Much chickeny excitment on my part. Storm came over and instantly crouched, followed by the other two who simply wanted to check they were not missing out on treats. But, when I reached towards Molly, she did a very quick but definite 'Bob' too! Later, when I went to give them their afternoon treat and get them into the run. She did it again and I even managed to pet her. Woohoo, another chicken considering laying eggs for us. Just Charlotte to go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment